Applying for the
The deadline for all graduate applications to the Department of Art & Art History is January 15th. We do not do a Spring admissions process. All application materials must be received in the Department by the deadline. Late items are the responsibility of the applicant, and may disqualify your file from consideration.
Apply online, at http://www.unm.edu/apply Applicants will be notified by mail of the admissions decisions in February.
If you have questions during the application process, please email or call the Graduate Advisor, Kat Heatherington, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 505-277-6672 (Monday-Thursday, 9-5).
To apply for the MFA program, you need to submit:
- Online application, $50 fee, pay with credit card. http://www.unm.edu/apply
- Letter of Intent (see guidelines below)
- CV or Resume
- Artist Statement (no more than one page, under the "writing sample" section of the application)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Official transcripts from every college or university you have attended, whether you earned a degree there or not. (Unofficial transcripts can be uploaded during application; official transcripts must be mailed to the Admissions Office).
- An image portfolio, consisting of 15-20 images that best represent your work. Images should be compiled into a single PDF and uploaded during the application process. (to submit video, upload to Vimeo and include the link).
- A portfolio ID sheet, with thumbnail images, listing the title, medium, dimensions, and date of each image in your portfolio.
for more information please visit art.unm.edu/graduate-programs